Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cork Boards for the Sewing Room

So this winter I've been working on a couple sewing projects.  One of which was just getting my sewing room organized enough to be able to work on projects in it. I made two little ways to organize patterns I've picked up and all the spools of thread I've accumulated.  Today, we're focusing on the cork boards because I LOVE them.


What you need for this project:
Corkboards 
(I used a pack of three cork hot plates from Bed, Bath and Beyond $10)
Fabrics (I used three different)
Staple Gun
Hammer
Push Pins
3 tabs off a pop can

Step 1: Cut a section of fabric big enough to cover your corkboard plus an extra 2 inches or so. 

Step 2: Pull the fabric around to the back of the corkboard in small sections and secure with the staple gun.

Step 3: Continue pulling the fabric to the back of the corkboard.  As needed, use the hammer to tap the staples in further.

Step 4: Trim any extra fabric from the back.

Step 5: Attach the pop can tabs to the back of the corkboard in the center.  This will be what you use to actually hang the corkboard with.  And you're done!



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment